Expectations upon entering the Classroom:
- Be on Time (In your desk when the bell rings or you are late!)
- Be quiet (Come in calmly and civil. No horseplay)
- Be Prepared (Have all material ready, homework out ready to correct)
- Read the board for Daily Activity/Entry Task (Start Entry Task/Have yesterday’s homework ready)
- Class time is not a time for drinks/bathroom - only emergency situations - Tardy
Starting the class/lesson:
- Be aware of/begin the “learning (instructional) outcome” or entry task while I take roll and pass back prior assignments.
- When the bell rings you should have your book/work/pen out and you are ready to work.
- Have the prior lesson’s work done and out.
- When I or any para professional talks – you don’t.
Individual Behavior Expectations:
- Prepared for class (book, homework, notebooks, tracking sheet, pen (blue and green or purple for correcting, and any other materials needed for lesson)
- Answer questions
- Positive Input
- Ask good questions
- Make positive comments
- Stay in seat
- Use appropriate voice (quiet)
- Raise your hand to be recognized – be a good participant in discussions
- No personal technology in class (phones, ipods, etc…).
- Do not damage, write on school property, or lean back in chairs.
- It is the student’s (you) responsibility to access missed on my webpageask for missed work when you are absent
- You get the number of days absent to make up missed work.
- If you know you are going to be absent, tell me as soon as you know.
- Don’t wait till the end of the period to tell me you need work.
- If I’m gone, the classroom expectations are the same for the guest teacher. Treat them with respect.
- Be a productive member of the group – make everyone feel welcome – respect
- Know your role in the group – everyone participates
- Understand that all members of the group are responsible for learning outcome goals
- Proper Heading
- Name, date, period on every assignment.
- Use only pens- blue or black
- Always show all work and label answers.
- Make sure to use the RACE method in answering all questions.
- Always try your hardest/partial credit is better than no credit.
- Assignments are due at the beginning of the period.
- Make sure work and name are legible.
- If you get done early have other work or a book to read to stay busy learning
Make-Up Work Procedures:
- Go directly to my web page for missing assignments
- If you know you will be gone, ask for work as soon as you know. Not at the end of the period right before you leave.
- If you need extra help – ASK! (lunch time or after school)
- Check the website often to see your grade or missing assignments
Exiting the Classroom:
- Clean area around you. Pick up any garbage.
- Return any materials you borrowed.
- Straighten rows.
- Teacher releases you, not the bell. Stay seated until teacher lets you go.
- Think, what was the Instructional Outcome for today and do you have any work to finish tonight?
- Walk quietly out of the classroom.
1) Fire Drills
- Exit in an orderly manner to appropriate location (2nd period teacher) and line up alphabetically (attendance)
- Wait quietly as situation is assessed
- Wait until all clear is given
- If at passing or lunch, go find 2nd period teacher
2) In Place (Lockdown)
- Sit quietly in seat until all clear
- Be responsible – not a time for goofing off!
- Follow evacuation procedure – go with teacher to bus or safe route/location