8th Grade United States History
Ms. Lemire~Room 10
United States History 1776-1900
Students will explore the ideas, issues and events from the framing of the Constitution up through Reconstruction and Industrialization.
- Focus of this class will be on the founding of the US, the Constitution and the development of politics, society, culture and the economy.
- Students will also analyze current events of the world around them and make a connection to history and their lives.
- Attendance is required in Google Meets live session every day.
- Standance Based Grading will be used on all assessments.
- Due dates- I expect students to meet all due dates, however I know that there are circumstances that will arise, please contact me if you have issues and we will work out a plan.
- Please use online etiquette during our Google meets time. (Read posted hand out)
- Plagiarism- When doing research or looking up an answer to a history question you must put the answer in your own words.
- All assignments and class textbook will be accessed through Google classroom.
- You will submit assignments using Google classroom, do not mark “turned in” on an assignment if you have not actually done the assignment.
- Please communicate with me if you have any questions, need help on an assignment or are having problems meeting a due date. Communication is the key to making virtual learning successful.
- Please communicate with me through email with any questions or concerns you may have. Communication is the key to make virtual teaching successful.
- Students will be using Google classroom to access their class assignments, textbook and to submit assignments.
- Use your time wisely during Google Meets to work on assignments.
- Ask questions; communicate through email with me when you are struggling, I will do my best to help you succeed.
- Turn your assignments in on time, don’t just mark them “turned in” you need to complete the assignment.