2019-2020 Classroom Management Plan - Mr. Powers
Expectations upon entering the classroom:
- Be prepared.
- Have a positive attitude and be ready to learn.
- Be polite.
- Be on time.
Starting the class/lesson:
- Enter the classroom quietly and begin the entry task. If you discover you forgot something or have a question, do your best to problem solve the situation without the help of the teacher. The teacher will be available to help after attendance has been taken.
- In order to expedite taking attendance, please remain seated for the first 5 minutes of class time.
- Read through the instructional outcome.
Individual behavior expectations:
- Use an appropriate voice tone for the learning task.
- Raise your hand to be recognized.
- Participate in discussions.
- Do not use personal technology during class. (phones, tablets, smart watches, etc)
- Don’t damage or write on school property.
- Be a productive member of the group (make everyone feel welcome).
- Know your role in the group (everyone participates).
- Understand that all members of the group are responsible for achieving the instructional outcome.
- Be respectful of the lab materials and equipment.
- Clean up and reset the lab materials before leaving class.
- Have proper heading on papers (name, date, class period).
- Complete everything to the best of your ability.
- When taking notes, use the Cornell note taking strategy.
- Keep your science journal organized and up-to-date.
- If you get done with the assigned work early, you are welcome to read a book or work on other school assignments.
Make-Up work procedures:
- Check Mr. Powers’ staff page at the Medical Lake Middle School website to find a list of the assigned daily work. The work will be listed on the “Science Assignment Calendar”. Click on the assignment title to view the assignment details.
- Lab sheets and other documents can often be accessed through your Google Classroom account.
- If you need extra help – ASK! (before school, lunch time, or after school)
Exiting the classroom:
- Make sure your desk/table is clean and ready for the next class.
- Stand behind your seat until you are excused by the teacher. The bell does not dismiss you, the teacher does.
- Walk and be polite.
- Reflect on the goals of today’s lesson. Hold yourself accountable for reaching the learning target.
1. Fire Drills
- Exit in an orderly manner.
- Line up with your 2nd period teacher.
- Students should line up alphabetically by last name.
- Wait until the all clear is given before going back to class.
2. Shelter in place (Lockdown)
- The windows need to closed and shaded.
- The door is closed and locked.
- All students are seated and quietly working.